Last year, I counted down to the new year at Urbana 09, with a stadium full of believers; I began a new year worshiping and remembering God. I hope to be able to set the same tone for the coming year.
I didn't really think through this year's resolutions, but here are some that come to mind, which I may change or add on to later on. This year's resolution though, I realize that for the large part does not depend on me. Yes, I know they are called resolutions, and hence implies that I, with my own will, will try to keep them, but the older I get, the more I realize that many things in life are not within my control. No matter how much I try, some things I am not capable of changing within my own power.
1. To love my family.
Perhaps it is due to the exhaustion from work which made me stay home, that caused me to spend more time with my family. I cannot say that the relationships have been completely mended, but there has been significant improvement. Life is so unpredictable, people come and go, we wouldn't want to live in regret.
2. Discipline.
Hopefully I will be accepted by some school, and I will be able to continue learning. If that does happen though, I would need to be extra disciplined and be able to prioritize, work on time management in order to manage my relationships, work and school. Also, hopefully I will continue getting up at 5AM to read the Word.
3. Humility.
However hard it may be, I desire to be humble, and not a false sense of humility that is a result of me talking myself into speaking in humble words and phrases, but a truly deep conviction in my heart that all good things come from God, and only by His grace have I received bountifully. There is nothing that I should boast of other than boasting in Him.
4. Wisdom.
Wisdom, I believe, is seeing reality as it really is, our hearts and minds not being clouded by deceptions of the heart, or misled by misconceptions and lies fed to us by the world. Having wisdom helps us understand God's will, so we can and will use our time wisely.
5. Generosity.
Since I started working, I have been generous to myself with gifts - gifts which I abandon sooner or later. I would like to start saving more, and helping the weak and poor as well. Need to find a charity that preferably I can serve in, and from that comes a greater desire to give financially.
6. Shine.
If at all possible, I desire to shine His light, that some may see and question the difference, which will lead them one conclusion and not other: How can there not be a God?
Oh! I read 13 books this year, I want to read more next year. Looking forward to learning new things over the next year, even though I know it will be challenging. There will be lots of changes but "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Phil 4:13).
---
Additions 01/01/2011:
I would love to be able to play a bit of the guitar by next year, and hopefully find a public swimming pool so I can start swimming consistently. Need to try to live a healthy lifestyle!
Friday, December 31, 2010
NEW YEAR, NEW RESOLVES.
Posted by arissarin at 10:13 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment