Thursday, January 1, 2009

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS AKA MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, TAKE 23.

Despite the title of this entry, I decided to conform and make resolutions anyway.

1) Be more disciplined.
With increasing responsibilities, I need to stop procrastinating. I have yet to mail out Christmas cards even though I bought them at the MET 2 months ago. AAAHHHHH!

2) Read more.
Specifically, finish reading all my half-read books, and stop buying books till I'm done reading what I bought.

3) Work on keeping-in-touch.
I'm the worst friend ever. Read Resolution #1. Friendship isn't all about Christmas cards, but I believe it plays a part.

4) Do QTs every morning.
Since Jonathan Edwards says it better, I'm going to steal it: "Resolved, to study the Scriptures so steadily, constantly and frequently, as that I may find, and plainly perceive myself to grow in the knowledge of the same."

5) Be patient.
"But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV)

6) Spend less wisely.
I've been in New York City a lot, and temptation lurks. Seriously.

-

I was looking at Jonathan Edward's resolutions (because my pastor mentioned it), and I wish that I would make resolutions like that one day:

"Resolved, that I will do whatsoever I think to be most to God's glory, and my own good, profit and pleasure, in the whole of my duration, without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriads of ages hence. Resolved to do whatever I think to be my duty and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general. Resolved to do this, whatever difficulties I meet with, how many soever, and how great soever."

0 comments: