Friday, October 10, 2008

SURRENDER.

When you're stuck in quicksand, the more you struggle to get yourself out, the further you sink. The first thing you need to realize in a situation like that is ⎯ You can't save yourself.

I try anything and everything to get myself out of the quicksand when I'm in it, only to realize that my efforts are futile. It's only when I'm almost engulfed by it, when I'm suffocating, that I give up ⎯ I surrender. Sometimes you just need to realize that some things in life is not up to you and you need to surrender your control. When people hear the word surrender, they flinch at the idea of fragility and weakness. Contrary to popular belief, it takes courage to surrender. You need to have faith in something bigger and better to want to give up your control, your desires and security.

It's times like these when God shows me His grace, His power and His glory.

That's what Paul meant when he wrote:

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

0 comments: