It's been a weird year. So many significant events happened, so much has changed. I remember having tons of problems with many friends, starting to go to church regularly, accepting Christ, Drew going to Singapore, me coming to Japan, talking to my mum on the phone for more than an hour, my baptism, etc.
If moving to New York was the most difficult time of the mere 21 years of my life, my trip to Japan would come next on the list. Both experiences are difficult in their own unique ways in that my public life was stripped away from me in New York, whereas in Japan, my private life is almost non-existent. However, this trip has been a good experience thus far. I've met people who guide me, who show me the path to the next chapter of my life, I've met people who remind me of the happiness an innocent child possesses, and people who I just do not understand. Each of them bring out a different side of me, sometimes a side I never knew I had.
There's gonna be a lot of change over the next year too. Going back to Stony Brook, applying for US citizenship, Drew coming to Japan again, Claire, Beni, Rachel and Seetoh might be going to New York, and my mum might be leaving New York for good. The different jigsaw pieces of my life seem to be coming together, forming a bigger picture, hopefully a beautiful one :)
New Year Resolutions:
1) Be a good daughter, a good sister.
2) Grow spiritually.
3) Be patient and understanding, learn to accept the differences of others.
4) Read more.
5) Study hard for my last semester/year in college.
6) Get my license. Since Claire's doing an exchange at Canada, I want to go on a road trip to Canada!!
Monday, December 31, 2007
REFLECTION, RESOLUTIONS.
Posted by arissarin at 2:21 AM
0 comments:
Post a Comment