My life has been reduced to a series of meaningless actions. It has become a routine, a tape on replay, it's as though I'm just trying to get by. Time passes so fast. People ask me, "What have you been busy with? Why are you so busy?" I pause, I stare at them, "I don't know. I really don't." I need to constantly remind myself to be conscious of what I'm doing, and not just conform to society, not to take everything for granted.
You know what's really ironic? There's actually more diversity here in Japan (at least to me), than in New York, the supposed cultural center of the world. It made me realize how sheltered I've been, how I've come to love the comfort I possessed, that I was willing to give everything up for. I realized how anti-social I've become, and maybe proud because of it too. Recently, I've been making an effort to open up, and I've been blessed with all these wonderful people in my life who helped me gain insight to many things in life.
I'm LOVING my Japanese classes. Learning another language is so much fun when you are immersed in the culture itself. I recommend this to everyone!! It's a once in a lifetime experience.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
ON IRONY.
Posted by arissarin at 9:02 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment