Going to start with the easier ones first, more like a to-do list:
1. Get my driver's license.
Failed twice and then I gave up... There's really no reason to drive because I can get around with PT, but I guess I should learn to drive just in case.
2. Learn to play the guitar.
I want to sing and play the guitar SOOOOOO bad, and would love to be on the worship team again one day, but I'm lazy. I am going to sign up for lessons to motivate myself!! It'll be a good stress reliever (once I get it); I felt sooo happy and free being on the worship team when I was in Japan.3. Get into Grad school.Just started studying again with my study buddy, Annie Shek :) Need to finish up my application.
And now the difficult part:
4. To love others.
A heart-to-heart with a friend last night made me realize that I have a difficult time loving others and letting others love me. I like to conduct friendships in a safe distance, just in case... It's difficult not acting this way after doing so for so long. I know I'm very much in need of grace to overcome this.
5. Be a light.
I've been unbecoming... Arguing with almost everyone possible, wanting things done my way, living in my selfish way, etc. Want to make a conscious effort to put others first before self. Will be difficult conquering Mt. Pride, but God will help me.
6. Live out that Hope; be thankful always.
I've also been a Debbie downer. What happened to that joy that comes with knowing the Hope I believe in? A quality my friend Julie has and I very much admire is her optimism - nothing seems to be able to bring that girl down :) There is Hope that one day things will be better!
---
Time to meet up with the people I love and count down to 2012 <3
EDIT, March 31, 2011: Grad school plans have been thwarted for now (a good thing actually). Applying to The Gotham Fellowship instead. OH LORD PLEASE HELP ME GET IN!
Saturday, December 31, 2011
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS.
Posted by arissarin at 3:30 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment